Devoted To Protecting Marine Creatures.
The SEA LIFE Trust is a registered marine conservation charity working globally to find solutions for the issues of plastic pollution and microplastics. We want to eliminate plastic pollution and find a way to clear our oceans of microplastics and dangerous plastic debris.
Scientists estimate that 26 million tons of plastic waste end up in the ocean each year, killing millions of marine creatures. Around 80% of this plastic comes from the land as litter and is carried out to sea by rivers and blown by the wind from landfills into the ocean. The other 20% comes from ships at sea.
SEA LIFE’s retail packaging has been reduced by over 30% in the last year and their use of PVC plastic by over 75%.
Microplastics and the dangerous chemicals they contain find their way onto our plates in the seafood we eat, causing cancer and other serious health issues.
Plastic breaks down into tiny bits which enter the food chain.